Re: Newbie Install Help Needed

  • Subject: Re: Newbie Install Help Needed
  • From: "pmankuzh" <pmankuzh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 23:35:17 -0000

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Tony Tofts" <tony@x> wrote:
> > I installed xplRioNet successfully, configured the settings=20
> > and started the service.  When I goto the web interface, all=20
> > I get is the generic Tomcast Page.  What am I doing wrong?
>=20
> I think you must have the xplrionet web server set to use the same=20
port
> number as tomcast (whatever that is)?
>=20
> In xplrionet.xml change the server=3D to something else like=20
server=3D"8090" and
> try http://<ipaddress>:8090
>=20
> <ports portmap=3D"111" mount=3D"21077"
nfs=3D"21078" clients=3D"12078"=20
synch=3D"8081"
> server=3D"8080" />
>=20
> > I am getting xplRioNet start page on my Dell Receiver, but=20
> > the display seems to be jumbled up, rather some pixels are=20
> > missing so the text is hard to read.
>=20
> This is an issue with the pc that xplrionet is installed on, but=20
were not
> sure what the cause is=20
>=20
> Change usebold=3D"n" in the following line should sort it
>=20
> <rio enabled =3D "Y" lineout=3D"N"
clock=3D"Y" clocklight=3D"N"=20
clock24hr=3D"N"
> usebold=3D"Y" />
>=20
> > I had tRio.1.6 working on my set up (WinXP Pro) before I=20
> > installed xplRioNet.  I am assuming that I should have the=20
> > tRio server application running (i.e. started by running=20
> > tRio.bat) for xplRioNet to work also.  Is this correct?
>=20
> Nope, xplrionet is an alternative server/client app - no other=20
rio/ddar
> server should be running (indeed, musn't be running)
>=20
> Once you have a web page you'll be able to scan your music, but=20
make sure
> you've set the scan paths in scanner.xml
>=20
> All changes to xml files MUST be made with service stopped
>=20
> Regards
> Tony

Thanks. It worked when I changed the port to 8090. When I checked=20
the log file, it was earlier showing an error message for failing to=20
start WEB SERVER (some socket exception).  The problem with the=20
display garbled is still there even though I changed usebold=20
to 'N'.  But I will try with another computer and see if it helps.

It is a great application.  Hope it becomes available to run on=20
Linux, so that I can load on to my NSLU2 NAS server and use it=20
without the PC running.

Regards,