RE: Newbie Install Help Needed

  • Subject: RE: Newbie Install Help Needed
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 16:04:23 +0100

> I installed xplRioNet successfully, configured the settings
> and started the service.  When I goto the web interface, all
> I get is the generic Tomcast Page.  What am I doing wrong?

I think you must have the xplrionet web server set to use the same port
number as tomcast (whatever that is)?

In xplrionet.xml change the server= to something else like
server="8090" and
try http://<ipaddress>:8090

<ports portmap="111" mount="21077"
nfs="21078" clients="12078" synch="8081"
server="8080" />

> I am getting xplRioNet start page on my Dell Receiver, but
> the display seems to be jumbled up, rather some pixels are
> missing so the text is hard to read.

This is an issue with the pc that xplrionet is installed on, but were not
sure what the cause is

Change usebold="n" in the following line should sort it

<rio enabled = "Y" lineout="N" clock="Y"
clocklight="N" clock24hr="N"
usebold="Y" />

> I had tRio.1.6 working on my set up (WinXP Pro) before I
> installed xplRioNet.  I am assuming that I should have the
> tRio server application running (i.e. started by running
> tRio.bat) for xplRioNet to work also.  Is this correct?

Nope, xplrionet is an alternative server/client app - no other rio/ddar
server should be running (indeed, musn't be running)

Once you have a web page you'll be able to scan your music, but make sure
you've set the scan paths in scanner.xml

All changes to xml files MUST be made with service stopped

Regards
Tony