RE: Appearance of 'DOH!' in xplRIOnet Web Interface

  • Subject: RE: Appearance of 'DOH!' in xplRIOnet Web Interface
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 08:15:43 +0100

> I've been using this happily for a couple of weeks now and
> have noticed this week that, when accessing the web interface
> to control my Rio devices the word 'DOH!' appears in place of
> some of the image controls in the playlist and also in place
> of the Rio status text.
>
> It has happened for me before and I ended up having to
> re-install xplRionet completely. I haven't moved or modified
> any of the images since they were last visible in the web
> interface. Anyone else having this problem?

The DOH! Text means it can't find an entry in web.xml to match a {name}
parameter on the web page

Please can you cross check your web.xml against the web page, and try
opening the web.xml in IE to check it's not corrupt

A missing image won't cause it, you'll just get a broken link, it can only
happen if a {param} is missing from web.xml

> Oh, and one other thing; has anyone using this for their Rios
> noticed any degradation in sound quality between this and the
> standard Rio software? It seems to me as though there is
> slightly less in the lower frequencies when using xplRionet
> verses the standard client. Is there any reason why this
> would be the case?

Xplrionet purely passes the mp3 file to the client, it does nothing to the
file so can't effect it

The receiver.arf used by xplrionet isn't the same one used by the standard
software, so any issue must lie here I guess.

The client used was selected on the basis of extra functionality (over the
original client) that many users wanted (including native ogg/flac
support).

Can't say I have a good enough ear to spot what you mention, maybe others
can?

Regards
Tony