Re: xPL C-Gate

Hi Rob,

> I'd like to use xPL C-Gate but can't even get C-Gate running. When I
> start the Console version of C-Gate I get the following messages:
>
> Clipsal C-Gate(TM) v1.5.2   (build 1098)
> Hardware key: Key initialize failed (DRIVER NOT INSTALLED)
> License file not found.
> Total network licenses: 0

The above messages are normal - C-Gate should work fine with 1 network
without a license installed.

> 20040921-220750 800 cgate C-Gate started.
> 20040921-220751 911 1 Can't open C-Bus interface (no such port): COM1

I've seen the above error on my own setup - kept saying that COM1 didn't
exist, and I tracked it down to the version of Java that was installed.

When you install C-Gate, it offers to install Java for you - if you let it
install Java then things should be OK.

I had the latest version of Sun's JRE already installed, so said
"No" when asked by C-Gate if I wanted to install Java, and then I
got the "no such port" error.  Reinstalled C-Gate, and let it
install it's own version of Java, and things worked fine.

Other than that, I'm not sure what else to suggest.

If you don't have any success, you could try asking on the C-Bus Forums at
www.cbusforums.com - I'm sure other C-Gate users will have experienced the
same problem.

HTH,

John