Re: xPL C-Gate

  • Subject: Re: xPL C-Gate
  • From: "Rob Kearns" <robkearns@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 20:43:26 -0000

Thanks John, thats exactly what is was.

Regards
Rob

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "John B" <home-automation@j...>
wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> > I'd like to use xPL C-Gate but can't even get C-Gate running.
When I
> > start the Console version of C-Gate I get the following messages:
> >
> > Clipsal C-Gate(TM) v1.5.2   (build 1098)
> > Hardware key: Key initialize failed (DRIVER NOT INSTALLED)
> > License file not found.
> > Total network licenses: 0
>
> The above messages are normal - C-Gate should work fine with 1
network without a license installed.

> > 20040921-220750 800 cgate C-Gate started.
> > 20040921-220751 911 1 Can't open C-Bus interface (no such port):
COM1

> I've seen the above error on my own setup - kept saying that COM1
didn't exist, and I tracked it down to the version of Java that was
installed.

> When you install C-Gate, it offers to install Java for you - if you
let it install Java then things should be OK.

> I had the latest version of Sun's JRE already installed, so
said "No" when asked by C-Gate if I wanted to install Java, and
then
I got the "no such port" error.  Reinstalled C-Gate, and let it
install it's own version of Java, and things worked fine.

> Other than that, I'm not sure what else to suggest.
>
> If you don't have any success, you could try asking on the C-Bus
Forums at www.cbusforums.com - I'm sure other C-Gate users will have
experienced the same problem.