Re: xPLComfort hanging

  • Subject: Re: xPLComfort hanging
  • From: "Rob Kearns" <robkearns@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:21:52 -0000

Hi John,

Thanks for the new release of the Comfort interface. It has fixed the
housekeeping hanging issue but now I have another. I've been
monitoring it until I could identify exactly when its hanging.

I've found that after disarming the system from away mode the last log
entry is always AM08DB and then the services locks up and has to be
killed from the processes window.

I know that AM is an arm message, 08 is the type and the last two are
usually the user but obviously not in this case. Is it possible to
download the codes from somewhere?

If you have time to look into this it would be much appreciated.

Regards
Rob

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "John B" <home-automation@j...>
wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> I've found a bug that meant that if you specified the ucmhost as
"RS232" rather than "rs232" (i.e. with an uppercase RS)
then it could
fail to reconnect to Comfort after housekeeping.

> Basically, the housekeeping routine runs within a few minutes of
startup, and once every day from then after.
> It's job is to disconnect/reconnect to the UCM (as it logs you out
at midnight) and synchronise Comfort's date/time with your PC (if
enabled).

> Please can you try the latest version at
> http://www.xpl.myby.co.uk/downloads/xplcomfort/xplcomfort.zip
>
> Just stop the service, and copy the new xplcomfort.exe file out of
the zip file on top of the one that you already have, then restart the
service.