Re: DMX <-> xPL

> Sitting in the car on the M25 :( I was thinking about the xPL DMX
> connector and a wish list - which is always much easier if you aren't
> going to have to develop the code!

:-)

> It would be nice to configure the connector by interface type so that
> variations can be added - after a while the common ones would be
> supported. Also multiple instances/interfaces to allow for multiple
> universes.

Traditionally we have had different xPL apps for different types of
interface, but I guess there is no reason why a single xPL DMX connector
couldn't support a variety of different hardware interfaces.

> Next, to name/alias channels. So channel_1=lounge_skt_1,
> channel_2=lounge_ downlght, etc. Otherwise it is going to be
> difficult coming back to the install to remember which channel does
> what.

This is an issue that applies to many xPL devices, and one which I will be
posting about shortly.

> Zoning channels together would complete things. So zone=lounge
> action=255 would set all lights to 255. I guess you'd have
> zone=lounge channels=1,2,5,12 (or similar).
>
> Any thoughts?

Sounds good to me.

Regards,

John