New and stupid

I'm new to xpl. So new that I can't figure out how to get it to run. I'm
interested in using it to convert signals received on a W800RF32 and
pushing them out to my home automation system (Homevision).

If one of you could be patient enough to explain where to look and how to
get started I would be most appreciative.

Thanks

withers@xxxxxxx