RE: xPLRionet-Exstreamer help

  • Subject: RE: xPLRionet-Exstreamer help
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 07:30:00 +0000

> What should it be set to ??? and where do i locate the tcpip
> settings for the server??

Set it to anything you want within the subnet range youre using (say
10.0.0.50, if dhcp is 10.0.0.1 to 10.0.0.20)

You change this in the tcpip properties of the local area network
connection
properties (don't know where this is in xp home though, try control panel,
classic view, network connections?)

> > > One last Q.....Since restarting the pc several instances of
the
> > > xplrio are in the awaiting config ???? can these be deleted
???

I assume these are tonyt-rio.<something>?

If so, stop xplrionet, edit clients.xml in notepad, and delete all the
lines
that start <exstreamer except the one(s) for the current ip of the
exstreamer(s), then restart xplrionet.

They'll either go immediately or within 20 minutes or so

This happens because xplrionet sees each new ip address of the exstreamer
as
a new unit (doesn't happen with rio's as they work by mac)

If any vb.net bod's reading this knows how to get the mac address from an
endpoint (or whatever) please advise, and I'll change the code to use mac.

Currently exstreamers should be given a fixed ip (and when adding a new
exstreamer it's best to stop xplrionet while setting the exstreamer up - or
it will see it as 2 devices. 1 as the original ip dished out by dhcp, 1 as
the fixed ip)

Thanks
Tony