Database reads the genre incorrectly

  • Subject: Database reads the genre incorrectly
  • From: mike
  • Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 01:40:00 +0000

Got v3.0beta of xPLRio.net installed and everything seems to be working.
But now that I have had a day or so to play with it I have found some
little things that have come us as strange. It appears that the database
goofs up when it scans the mp3s on my PC. I have found several instances
where it has gotten the Genre wrong. When looking at what is in the Genre
OTHER I find songs that clearly have POP as the Genre (for example). I have
created my files with both id3v1/2 tags. When I check it says Pop as the
genre but the database has dropped it in the Genre OTHER. I will try re
scanning the files to see if it comes up correctly the next time or if
somehow it still thinks its an OTHER? Let me know what will help in
isolating what's going on.

I also had a problem today where I had told the Rio to play a group of
songs and it did fine. then it just stopped. I noted the song that was
supposed to be playing. The status on the web page showed it was playing
but there was no sound coming out of the speakers. I checked the display of
the Rio and it showed the song but the timer was not counting off. It was
stopped at 0:00. The only way I could get control was to pull the power
plug on the Rio. I power cycled the unit at the web page. I then pressed
the power button on the Rio and it came back up. I then went back and
specifically selected that song and it played fine. Of course I had turned
off logging since it performed beautifully yesterday and I thought that it
was passed its problematic stage. I have now turned logging back on. I will
check the log and see what was going on if it happens again.

xPLRio.net is a very nice product and Tony is great to work with. Thanks
Tony.

Mike