Re: Multiple Instances / Zoning Questions

  • Subject: Re: Multiple Instances / Zoning Questions
  • From: Frank Mc Alinden
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:34:00 +0000

Hi Ian

> You don't *have* to... it would be nice, sure.. but the zones can be
> just called "zone 1", "zone 2" and use xplhal to
handle them with nicer
> names.

I was hoping this could be done in xplhal.....how is this done ??? would
certainly make it easier.......
If done on the pic would it reply to a config.list as follows ?

reconf=newconf
option =interval
option=zone1
option=zone2
etc

config.current reply?

newconf=master1
interval=5
zone1=Lounge
zone2=Bedroom1
etc

Also if all probes status requested in a zone, then 6 seperate replys
required ??one for each probe correct???

The doc says when requesting a devices status

current=request

Should this not be command=request...?????? Doesnt the device reply with
current=...??

Is the following correct

Requesting the status of a probe3 in zone4

xpl-cmnd
{
hop=1
source=xplhal-xplhal.mainpc
target=*
}
control.zoned
{
device=probe3
type=probe
current=request
zone=4 (or text name ie lounge)

xpl-stat
{
hop=1
source=aec-pzb.master1
target=*
}
sensor.zoned
{
device=probe3
type=probe
current=ON......(the probes are low when on)
zone=4(or text name ie lounge)

Sorry for all the Q,s

Thanks
Frank