Re: xPL protocol questions

  • Subject: Re: xPL protocol questions
  • From: Gerry Duprey <gerry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 09:08:17 -0400

Howdy,

First off -- thanks for all the feedback!  Many of the responses were what
thought, but wasn't sure of (that's good -- at least I'm thinking in
somewhat compatible/similar ways :-)

A clarification on this though:

>>2) Is the key for asking for them that the message schema
>>class unimportant, only that the type is ".request"?  Or
>>should the schema class be checked as a valid schema class
>>for this device and then the .request processed?  Are there
>>any other required types of a schema class?
>
> Well a non-x10 device should respond to an x10 status request, as a
basic
> example.

I guess I got the impression that asking for status was a pretty generic
thing -- that all devices could be queried for their current status.  As
such, I was hoping there was a uniform pattern that could be applied to be
able to detect that a device is having it's status requested.

It appeared the key was using a schema type of .request and then a
command=status -- should all schemas/devices support this?

Thanks!

Gerry
--
Gerry Duprey