RE: rionet problems

  • Subject: RE: rionet problems
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:15:49 +0100

> dump 1.  "2 sec break"
>
> This is the where the rio gets interrupted every 2 secs when
> playing music. This is as though it has lost sync. It
> generally happens following some other Rionet lockup.
> Generally its fixed by re-booting the rio. Happens on both PC's.

Until xplrionet has more error trapping to exit any problems gracefully
this
_will_ happen.

> dump 2.  "mp3"
>
> This is just an mp3 on the home PC, i've had this problem
> from the start. When i select it, the counter just stays at 0:00.
> Note:shoutcast works on this PC

Could you send me a copy of the mp3 file please?

> dump 3.  "Streamsicle"
>
> Since shoutcast was working, i tried streamsicle which uses
> port 4711 by default. It does not work.

Don't know streamsicle, can you let me have a sample url please?

> dump 4.  "Today FM"
>
> this is just a successful shoutcast stream. The shoutcast
> server is on the same PC.

Sorry, don't understand this question

> Other comments: When using shoutcast, when you press stop you
> have to go reselect the station from the start again instead
> of just being able to just press play.

This is by design, as pressing play will start playing previously queued
tracks.

How would people prefer this to function?

Thanks
Tony