Re: rionet problems

  • Subject: Re: rionet problems
  • From: "happy_hammer66" <bill.mcmahon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:58:15 -0000

> > dump 2.  "mp3"
> >
> > This is just an mp3 on the home PC, i've had this problem
> > from the start. When i select it, the counter just stays at 0:00.
> > Note:shoutcast works on this PC
>
> Could you send me a copy of the mp3 file please?

can do at the weekend, but its any mp3 file that wont play. i sent you
a sample file for this same problem before. Its obviously some
compatability problem with my home PC as my other one works fine.

> Don't know streamsicle, can you let me have a sample url please?

its for private network use, i use it similar to shoutcast. When i had
the xpl_rioplay it would work. you stream to ipaddr:4711.
If the next version of rionet is gonna act much like winamp, that
might fix it since i could use winamp client to listen to the
streamsicl server.

> > dump 4.  "Today FM"
> >
> > this is just a successful shoutcast stream. The shoutcast
> > server is on the same PC.
>
> Sorry, don't understand this question

this was just to highlight the differences between a successful
shoutcast stream and a failed Streamsicle stream.

> This is by design, as pressing play will start playing previously
queued
> tracks.

> How would people prefer this to function?

ahh, didn't know that, must test it.   How about if you press the
play/pause button? does that do anything? could that do it?

cheers,

bill