rionet problems

  • Subject: rionet problems
  • From: "happy_hammer66" <bill.mcmahon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 07:07:40 -0000

Tony,

I still have problems with Rionet playing music with my home PC(i'm at
home weekends only). The PC at my appartment works OK. I'm using the
latest load of rionet.

I took four small Ethereal dumps that i will post to you. They are:

dump 1.  "2 sec break"

This is the where the rio gets interrupted every 2 secs when playing
music. This is as though it has lost sync. It generally happens
following some other Rionet lockup. Generally its fixed by re-booting
the rio. Happens on both PC's.

dump 2.  "mp3"

This is just an mp3 on the home PC, i've had this problem from the
start. When i select it, the counter just stays at 0:00.
Note:shoutcast works on this PC

dump 3.  "Streamsicle"

Since shoutcast was working, i tried streamsicle which uses port 4711
by default. It does not work.

dump 4.  "Today FM"

this is just a successful shoutcast stream. The shoutcast server is on
the same PC.

Other comments: When using shoutcast, when you press stop you have to
go reselect the station from the start again instead of just being
able to just press play.

cheers,

Bill