RE: xPLRioNet Beta 3.2c Released

  • Subject: RE: xPLRioNet Beta 3.2c Released
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 17:52:35 +0100

> > I seem to be missing the new "... basic connection
information for
> > shoutcasts as they attempt to connect." Maybe mine connects
> so fast it
> > doesn't have a chance to display the connection info...?

Just a thought, but did you remember to reboot the rio after upgrading to
3.2c?

You can reboot from the rio menu (utilities/reboot) just to be sure.

Some info/ideas for those interested:

The server itself grabs the shoutcast stream, and relays it to the rio(s).
Currently a connection is made for each rio even if they request the same
station, but in a future release they will be able to share a connection to
save bandwidth and aid synchronisation (need to improve the mp3 synching
first though).

When I get a chance I'll also add functionality to the servers web
interface
to allow shoutcasts to be saved to mp3 files. Storing the files is simple,
but it will also add a simple id3 tag to the file (a bit more complex for
id3v2+, though id3v1 would be fine for this and can just be tagged on the
end as the file is completed) so the recording could be automatically added
by the scanning process. Probably use 'Shoutcast' as the artist and album,
so they are all easily accessible.

Also going to add the code to send an xpl message when a shoutcast is
recognised as being local, so xplhal can trigger stuff like changing
channels on a tuner. This will also have other applications I think.

Regards
Tony