RE: xPLRioNet Beta 3.2c Released

  • Subject: RE: xPLRioNet Beta 3.2c Released
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 17:38:59 +0100

Hi Mike,

> I installed the 2 files
> Rio.bin and xplrionet.exe and now FireFox works to control
> the server and the Rio.

Thanks goes to John for his advise on \ / etc

> The manual scan works and best of all the Shoutcast streams
> are rock solid.

That's great news. Looking forward to my new tuner arriving so I can
shoutcast the football around the house :-)

> One little,teeny,tiny question if I may. Everything works
> great, but, I seem to be missing the new "... basic
> connection information for shoutcasts as they attempt to
> connect." Maybe mine connects so fast it doesn't have a
> chance to display the connection info...?

As long as youre using the latest rio.bin (must add a rio.bin version to
the
menu to aid version checking) and the rio shows version 3.2c then the
details (very very basic) should appear directly below the top line (the
line that underlines the station name).

They are (in order):
Connecting...
Waiting Connect...
Waiting Stream...
Playing... (or Failed...)
Stopped

I said they were very basic! Might add a bit more info at some point (like
the ip:port being accessed for problem solving)

Unless your connection is instant (like for a local shoutcast server) you
should see 'waiting connect' for a second or so and then 'playing'.
'Stopped' appears if you press stop. If it has problems connecting then
after failed it will loop back to connecting and try the next ip:port
combination (it there are multiple ones available).

With a local shoutcast server, it'll flick straight thru to playing I would
think.

Regards
Tony