RE: Re: HomeAutomator and xPL

  • Subject: RE: Re: HomeAutomator and xPL
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:11:00 +0000

> My thoughts too. I know that Tony (and others?) has already
> developed a web based front end for xPLHal, but my intention
> with HomeAutomator has always been to do something that is
> 'backend independent', so someone, like me, could start with
> HomeAutomator controlling HomeVision, then with a few data
> changes it could switch to issuing xPL or anything else. So
> hopefully I am not treading on any toes here.

If you only want to _send_ xpl messages then I use a dll written by John B
(squtil.dll) that I use in my own asp dll's for my home control web. It
allows me to send xpl messages for such things as x10, controlling
rio's/dvd/tivo/ntl, refresh webcam images etc (the possibilities are
endless
of course).

Regards
Tony