Latest message you have seen: Re: having trouble getting xPL comfort to set outputs

Re: xPLRioNet v3.8n Published

  • Subject: Re: xPLRioNet v3.8n Published
  • From: "Mal Lansell" <mlansell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 12:42:01 -0000

Woooooohooooooo!!!!!!!!

Now I just need to get rid of the inlaws, and I can have a play :-)
Thanks for getting all this great stuff into the update, Tony.

Mal.

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Tony Tofts" <tony@x> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> have just published xPLRioNet v3.8n at www.xplhal.com
>
> This has the following changes:
>
> a) MVP now supports Shoutcasts
>
> b) Web Server now supports Repeat command and
status/repeat/random/mute
> statuses are now slpit
>
> c) Scanner now supports using folder/file names instead of (or in
addition
> to) tags
>
> The update package contains xplrionet.exe and the new web pages etc
and a
> scanner.txt file containing lines that can be cut and paste into
scanner.xml
> if required.
>
> If you are using xplrionet with the standard web interface and do
not use
> wav/flac/ogg you can update by overwriting existing files
>
> If you do use wav/ogg/flac but have not changed any of the special
default
> entries in transcode.xml (this doesn't relate to the transcode
lines!) and
> are using the standard web interface you can update as above
>
> If you are using a 3rd party web interface you MUST add the new
lines
> detailed below to web.xml
>
> Otherwise please refer to the details for (b) and (c) below to see
what you
> should do!
>
> If in doubt, don't update until the alternate web interface has
been updated
> by it's author
>

> scanner changes
> ---------------
>
> The extra wav/flac/ogg lines that were added to transcode.xml have
now been
> removed and moved to scanner.xml (where they should of been all
along). If
> the lines are missing from scanner.xml the defaults are used.
Details, as
> per the readme are:
>
> The following lines control how the scanner gets it's information:
>
> <mp3 format="" tags="Y" />
>
> <wma format="" tags="Y" />
>
> <wav format="{title}" />
>
> <flac format="" tags="Y" id3="n"
genre="genre" artist="artist"
album="album"
> track="track" title="title" />
>
> <ogg format="" tags="Y" id3="n"
genre="genre" artist="artist"
album="album"
> track="track" title="title" />
>
> Normally the scanner get's it's information from the tags in a
music file,
> however by populating the format= parameter you can specify that
the scanner
> uses path/filename parts instead
>
> Where a line is missing the values above are the defaults
>
> The allowed parts are {genre}, {artist}, {album}, {track} and
{title}, where
> {title} MUST always be specified
> e.g. "{genre}\{artist}\{album}\{track} - {title}" this must
be
exact!

> The tags= component is only relevant if format= is defined and
specifies
> whether tags should be used where required information is missing
>
> The precedence for searching is:
> 	If format="" or is missing then
> 		Use tags
> 	If format<>"" then
> 		Use path/filename
> 		If tags=Yes then
> 			Use tags for missing information
> 	For flac/ogg
> 		Same as above when tags used
> 			If ID3=Yes then
> 				Use ID3 Tags
> 				Use Vorbis Tags
> 			Else
> 				Use Vorbis Tags
>
> The additional information in flac/ogg lines (which were originally
in
> transcode.xml) specify if you want to look for ID3 tags in the
files and the
> tag descriptors you have used in tagging your flac/ogg files (as
these are
> user defined)
>

> Web changes
> -----------
>
> Have added to web.xml the following entries:
>
> This line enables support of repeat command from web interface:
>
> <item param="{cmd_repeat}" text="Repeat"
image="" width=""
height="" />

> These lines enable the the display of various status information:
>
> <item param="{status_power_off}" text="Powered
Off" image=""
width=""
> height="" />
> <item param="{status_stopped}" text="Stopped"
image="" width=""
height="" />
> <item param="{status_playing}" text="Playing"
image="" width=""
height="" />
> <item param="{status_paused}" text="Paused"
image="" width=""
height="" />
> <item param="{random_on}" text="/ Random"
image="" width=""
height="" />
> <item param="{random_off}" text=""
image="" width="" height="" />
> <item param="{mute_on}" text="/ Muted"
image="" width=""
height="" />
> <item param="{mute_off}" text=""
image="" width="" height="" />
> <item param="{repeat_off}" text=""
image="" width="" height="" />
> <item param="{repeat_one}" text="/ Repeat One"
image="" width=""
height=""
> />
> <item param="{repeat_all}" text="/ Repeat All"
image="" width=""
height=""