Re: Re: xPLHal hung on startup

Hi Bob,

> I do have my W800 and I can see the commands in the monitor window.
> Following your directions to George, I tried to add a few
> determinators.  I started with easy ones that receive X10 signals
> from the W800 and send X10 commands to HV.  In the monitor,
> everything appears to work.  When I press a button on an RF remote, I
> see a CMND type message to Homevision and a TRIG message from the
> W800 and then about 5 seconds later I see a TRIG message from
> Homevision.  The first two messages are X10.BASIC and the third one
> is an X10.CONFIRM.  Unfortunately Homevision never responds to the
> command and doesn't send an X10 signal.

I'll leave Steve or Frank to answer this one - it sounds like something
simple in the HV settings - all the xPL side of things is working fine by
the looks of it.

> One thing I see is that
> somehow I have managed to get two copies of the HV plugin in the xPL
> devices.  Don't know if this is contributing or not.  I have tried to
> delete one but haven't figured out how to do that - any suggestions?

This is probably the original device name still hanging around from before
you configured it.
Don't worry about it - it should disappear on it's own.
There is an issue however where old device names may remain in the list -
we're looking into a fix at the moment.

> I need to have this PC reboot and start everything unattended for
> when we are not here - power glitches, etc., so I tried to put the
> xPLHvision fle in the startup folder.  This works but it seems to
> start up before Homevision which is in the same folder so I get a
> dialog box that says Homevision isn't running and I need to start
> it.  I think I can fix this by starting xp\PLHvision from a macro
> that does some other configuration things at startup.  I'll try that.

Alternatively, maybe Steve could add an option to the start up of
xPLHomeVision to insert a delay or something?

> The next thing I need to figure out is this message that the xPLHal
> service hung at startup.

I'm still not sure what could be causing that.
xPLHal seems to be working OK, and is starting up in under 10 seconds, so
I'm not entirely sure why you're seeing this error.
I'll investigate further and hopefully get back to you when I have some
news.

Regards,

John