Netiom - was DMX512

> Hi David
>
> > I have to say though, that board (available from maplins, UK
folk,
> > thats if they ever actually have any in stock :-) looks good.
>
> LOL!!!!!.....Guess what i have to wait as the relay board is not in
stock
> ;-)
>

> > Frank - on a separate topic - I note you are threatening to
rewrite
> > the code for the Netiom.  PIC18F.  What compiler are you using???
> >

> No not me im a straight assembler man ;-(.......I think that was
Lehane

Currently the Microchip PICC18. I'm not really up to recoding either
IP stack in assembler - although it would be great if someone did!

One item of note - both the Netiom's I received appear to have the
same MAC address which is in the chip EEPROM.

Just received the tube of 18F452's and clean compiled the Microchip
stack so next is to add the xPL UDP handler, then the state machine
and finally the I/O ports handler.

I have to say that although PIC's still have their downsides (I cut
my teeth on 6502's and Z80's) I would now go with the 18 series
rather than any other PIC.

Lehane