Shoutcast ok, normal music skipping

Hi everyone,

I've upgraded to the latest version of xplrionet (v3.8b) - was previously a
couple of versions back. And, it may be coincidence, but although I can
play
shoutcasts fine normal streaming pauses about every second for a fraction
of
a second.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas on what could cause this
behaviour?

I've tried changing between 10Mbps (which I normally use for the Rio) and
100Mpbs connections (on different NICs) and it makes no difference so I'm
assuming it's not a network problem. What serves up the MP3s from the PC?
Could I have misconfigured it?

Thanks,
Jon