RE: Re: xplRioNet : trouble pre-setting volume

  • Subject: RE: Re: xplRioNet : trouble pre-setting volume
  • From: JONATHAN PAYNE <jgpayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 12:02:01 +0100 (BST)

I'll say. There are two ways it could be done.

The best would be for the MVP itself to handle xPL,
but I don't think the open source s/w for that is
stable enough at the moment (or possibly not even
availabke yet - I can't quite remember).

The other approach is to rewrite the server (windows)
software and make that xPL aware - this sounds easier.
I know one chap has written server software in Java
but hasn't yet made it open source although he hinted
that he would. If he does I will xpl-ify it as I'd
find it very handy for flashing up messages on the TV
i.e. OSD

jon