Re: Re: xPLRioNet feature requests

On 12/08/2004 at 20:26 rleong1 wrote:

>--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "UKHA" <ukha@b...> wrote:
>
>> * A method of requesting what a rio thinks the current/next
>track/album/artist is
>
>xplrionet sends this automatically as xpl status messages.  when a
>song starts playing, a status=playing message is generated with the
>following info: type (mp3, etc.) artist, album and track.  similarly a
>status=next message is generated with similar info for the next song
>in the playlist.

The problem is more to do with the fact that if the device/application
waiting
for the status messages is rebooted or powered on after these messages are
sent then you have to wait until a skip/back or the next track starts..
usually about
3 minutes which isn't what I'd want to do, this is exacerbated if you
happen to be
listening to an audio book, which can go on for hours...

>you can grab this info w/ xplhal scripting

Do you mean xplhal can respond if I ask 'what track is rio1 playing'?

>> * A method of sending OSD messages to the rios - either en masse
or
>individually
>
>i've asked for this a while back & it is on the to do list.

ok, that's at least 2 of us then :)

>> * Triggers on button presses for all buttons
>
>i'm pretty sure button presses can be captured.  i think tony was
>using his rio as an ir receiver to control other devices (non rio).
>again, it would use xplhal w/ scripting.

I remember Tony saying something about it but I don;t think there
was any detail. I've been running a small xpl sniffer app and I've not
seen any info on keypresses... maybe Tony has a special version :D

Andy