Re: xPLRioNet feature requests

  • Subject: Re: xPLRioNet feature requests
  • From: "rleong1" <rleong1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 01:48:20 -0000

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "UKHA" <ukha@b...> wrote:
> On 12/08/2004 at 20:26 rleong1 wrote:
>
> >--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "UKHA" <ukha@b...> wrote:
> >
> >> * A method of requesting what a rio thinks the current/next
> >track/album/artist is
> >
> >xplrionet sends this automatically as xpl status messages.  when a
> >song starts playing, a dUmMy=playing message is generated with the
> >following info: type (mp3, etc.) artist, album and track.
similarly a
> >dUmMy=next message is generated with similar info for the next
song
> >in the playlist.
>
> The problem is more to do with the fact that if the
device/application waiting
> for the status messages is rebooted or powered on after these
messages are
> sent then you have to wait until a skip/back or the next track
starts.. usually about
> 3 minutes which isn't what I'd want to do, this is exacerbated if
you happen to be
> listening to an audio book, which can go on for hours...

xplhal runs on my HA server which is always running & very rarely
reboots...

> >you can grab this info w/ xplhal scripting
>
> Do you mean xplhal can respond if I ask 'what track is rio1 playing'?

i suppose you can do something like dumping the current track
information into global variables everytime xplhal receives an xpl
status message from a rio.  then you can request the contents of those
variables whenever you want.  (i've never done this but it seems like
it would work)

or you can write an xplhal script to dump the status messages to a
file on a shared drive.  whatever devices need that info can read the
file.  (this i've done)

> >> * Triggers on button presses for all buttons
> >
> >i'm pretty sure button presses can be captured.  i think tony was
> >using his rio as an ir receiver to control other devices (non
rio).
> >again, it would use xplhal w/ scripting.
> >

> I remember Tony saying something about it but I don;t think there
> was any detail. I've been running a small xpl sniffer app and I've not
> seen any info on keypresses... maybe Tony has a special version :D

here's a thread:
some details: