Re: Link to previous version of xPLRioNet?

  • Subject: Re: Link to previous version of xPLRioNet?
  • From: "william_fredette" <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:33:31 -0000

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Tony Tofts" <tony@x> wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> This is _very_ strange!
>
> Basically your rio is not finding the xplrionet server at all. For
it to
> display the ip and subnet it means it hasn't even attempted to
boot... It
> would hang on the initial screen (or found server screen) if it
started to
> boot.
>
> There has been 100% no change in the boot code since very early
on, so I
> would really be looking at other issues.
>
> Either
>
> A) the xplrionet service is not starting, is there any chance the
old
> receiver software is running?
>
> B) there is a network issue somewhere, firewall?
>
> C) The ip address of the pc running xplrionet has changed (this
needs to be
> set in xplrionet.xml)?
>
> It might be an idea to backup a copy of any changed config files
(especially
> xplrionet.xml and clients.xml) and ensure service is stopped and
uninstall
> current version, delete the install folder (c:\program
files\xpl\xplrionet
> is the default) and install from scratch, re-instate your
xplrionet.xml and
> clients.xml, and restart the service.
>
> If this gets you nowhere, let me know and I'll add some boot
logging to
> xplrionet and send you a version to try. I'd really like to get to
the
> bottom of this.

Wow! Thank you, Tony. I appreciate your interest. I've been doing
the upgrades as completely new installs (stopping the service,
uninstalling, wiping out the previous install directory, etc.) I've
uninstalled the original receiver software that came with the unit.
And there aren't any firewalls in the way.

When I put 3.6c on last night, the Rio got to the "Dell
initializing" screen on the first attempt, but hung there. So
according to your note, that means it was at least attempting to
boot, right? I'm reasonably sure that I've got the xml config files
set up correctly. The only thing I notice is that the DNS info (the
IP address) that I enter seems to be changed by the software to the
IP of my router after I attempt to run it once.

The other odd behavior is that the service often hangs when I try to
stop/restart it and I get an error message that it failed to respond
in time, or something to that effect. I'll try another clean install
today and see if that helps.

Bill