TTS errm how?

Hi,

ok, Ive fiddled about a bit and I cant get my Rios to 'say' anything. If I
send a message from xPLHal (Yes, I downloaded and installed it!!) then the
TTS comes out over the remote PC speakers. I've added:

<tts enabled="y" url="127.0.0.1:48000" />

to xplrionet.xml and the control.xml in the xplrionettts cache foleder
aleready has the line:

<defaults port="48000" />

What have I forgotten to do?

TIA