Re: Re: Configuring CM12 service

Ok, I'll give that a go.

As I wrote in my reply to Ian, the logs suggest that everything is
working fine.  Receiving from the powerline works, so all the services
etc must be configured and working.  I know the CM12 itself is working
because I've tested it with my own app.

All I can think of is that the CM12 service is sending a command, but
the wrong one (either address or function) - but if that were the case,
it must require some odd circumstances, because it seems to work for
everyone else!

Anyway, I'll give your fix a go tonight, and report back then...

Regards

Mal

John B wrote:

>Hi Mal,
>
>I updated the CM12 service on Thursday with a version that fixed a
potential problem when sending to the CM12 - can you please try downloading
the following:
>http://www.xpl.myby.co.uk/downloads/xplcm12/xplcm12.zip
>
>Stop your CM12 service.
>Copy over xpllib.dll and xplcm12.exe from the ZIP file above
(xplcm12.exe should be version 2.4)
>Restart the CM12 service.
>
>As Ian says, the service will log any problems to the Application event
log, so that's a good place to look.

>Re. the .NET version problem: Microsoft had an upgrade deal going
whereby you could upgrade from VS.NET 2002 to VS.NET 2003 for £20 - not
sure if it's still available, but maybe worth checking.

>I'm pretty sure you should only receive the x10.confirm messages if the
app has successfully sent the X10 command, and received the correct
checksum back from the CM12, so I'm not sure why commands don't seem to be
issued onto the mains.