Re: xPLRioNet Beta v3.6b Released

  • Subject: Re: xPLRioNet Beta v3.6b Released
  • From: Mike <n5pwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 15:56:45 -0500

Tony

After much 'futzing' around with the update I finally uninstalled it and
installed the complete Setup for 3.6b. I backed up my customized xml
files so that I would not have to reenter all the streams I had setup
for Shoutcast.

After the clean install the rionet service came up without a problem.
That's the good news. The bad news is that the Rio Control page is still
hosed. Where unit2 used to be there is now only a 't}'. I have looked at
the index.html file and the xpl_tonyt-rio.instance2.xml file in
\windows\system32. I even dug around in the registry trying to find
something there that appeared to be obvious would effect that. I
searched the registry for all the xpl entries as well as the rio
entries. Do you have anymore squirreled away under another string?

I tried bringing the page up under IE thinking maybe FireFox was acting
up on me. But no, IE shows the same thing. I'm kinda dead in the water
now. Since the link doesn't render on the screen correctly I can't get
to my Rio's control screen to select my streams. I don't know what could
have happened (other than just "one of those things") during the
install. But something has obviously gotten corrupted. Any ideas where
to look next?

Thanks.
Mike