Re: xPLRioNet beta v3.5d released

  • Subject: Re: xPLRioNet beta v3.5d released
  • From: "UKHA" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 14:08:17 +0200

Hi,

I've just taken the plunge and installed xPLrionet on one of my PCs, and am
having a couple of problems.

1) It refuses point blank to access files on a network share, if I copy the
same files to a local disk and rescan it sees them fine.
2) Skip and back didn't work. I added a few albums and clicking on back or
skip seemed to have no effect, then after restarting both client and server
it worked
3) How can I cue up and play all tracks?
4) If I cue up a single track and then click 'current' it lists the track
about 4 times. If I then add another it also appears about 4 times,
clicking skip locked up the client completely (hard reboot required)

Some things that would be nice (additions to the software):

1) configure a unit's instance from the xPLRioNetConfig.exe, I don't run
any other xpl stuff at the moment, and would really (really really) like to
define each unit without having to run the xplHAL or equivalent.

2) if the IR commands were the same as the original - especially as I
taught homevision the old ones, it would make my life so much easier,
alternatively if someone has taught homevision them already I wouldn't mind
a copy of the file.

Thanks

Andy

On 29/07/2004 at 18:19 Tony Tofts wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Have published latest update at www.xplhal.com
>
>This is identical to v3.5c but now has a web.xml file (in web folder)
that
>allows command texts to be replaced with images...
>
>Those updating from the previous version need only update xplrionet.exe
and
>copy the web.xml file into the web folder
>
>By default the web.xml file reproduces the text as per the original
>website.
>
>A typical entry is:
>
><item param="{cmd_play}" text="Play"
image="" width="" height="" />

>To display an image instead use something like the following (text= is
>ignored if image<>"")
>
><item param="{cmd_play}" text="Play"
image="images\play.gif" width="56"