RE: Re: xplrionet issues (DHCP)

  • Subject: RE: Re: xplrionet issues (DHCP)
  • From: Graham Howe
  • Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 23:04:00 +0000

Ok, I pulled the power from the DDAR, deleted the lease (192.168.1.16)
in the sbs server for the DDAR. Then stopped the rionet service and made
sure that I turned of DHCP in rionet. Then I started rionet service,
started the ethereal trace and plugged in the DDAR and turned it on.
Boot stopped at the initializing screen.

> > IP of sbs 2003,

192.168.1.10

> > IP of xplrionet pc,

192.168.1.14

> > IP of default gateway/router,

192.168.1.1

> > Subnet mask,

255.255.255.0

> > Does either the sbs or xp pc have multiple network cards?

SBS does, but one is disabled.

> Also, a copy of your xplrionet.xml & client.xml (if you have
> one) files please?

xplrionet.xml
---------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="us-ascii"?>
<configuration>
<settings>
<server ip="192.168.1.14" />
<dhcp enabled="N" />
<ports portmap="111" mount="21077"
nfs="21078" clients="12078"
server="8080" slimserver="3483" />
<database connect="" />
<xplhub enabled="N" />
<rio enabled = "Y" />
<slimp3 enabled="N" />
<logging enabled="N" />
</settings>
</configuration>
----------------------------

Clients.xml
----------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="us-ascii"?>
<clients>
</clients>
----------------------------

Also attached is ethereal dump which seems to show the DDAR receiving
the IP address of 192.168.1.16 but then failing to find the xplrionet
server. There is a strange IP in the dump, 169.254.218.214, I have no
idea what that is and it certainly doesn't exist on the network.

Currently I have the DDAR sitting at the Initializing screen and I can
ping 192.168.1.1/10/14/16 from another desktop. I can also ping 16 from
14.

Finally, I couldn't see option 60 in the sbs dhcp configuration.

> Many thanks
> Tony

> Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US &amp; Canada.
>
> xPL Links: <a href="http://www.xplproject.org.uk";>http://www.xplproject.org.uk</a>
> <a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=uYKHeGeY4DVRoAmSYcTG3SU2oVbl5EB88jNVdrSOOJaiPKUo4_hZ0qKLRd5sog2pu0SUxbyhoA2VfZmsxGPRFPO6">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>
To Subscribe: