CLID from a Cisco Router

  • Subject: CLID from a Cisco Router
  • From: swelsh000
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 00:28:00 +0000

Cisco's voice enabled routers are capable of a subset of TCL, this
primarily allows for some basic IVR application, but in there recent
relese of IOS 12.3T they have official support for most of TCL 8.3.4.

This now allows for TCP communications to/from the voice enabled
router under the command of TCL scripts. This would allow for CLID
to be sent directly from the router as a call comes it.

If you wanted to get smart about it, you could send a message back
to the router and tell it what to do with the call, i.e. divert to a
H.323 session somewhere on the internet.

I know xpl is UDP based etc. but has there been a requirement for
TCP xpl messages, even if it's bridged? if so I could possibly
create a TCL script to fit around this, and provide CLID, and
possibly more. I suppose a HTTP PUT would be the a sensible way to
do this..

Another option is VoiceXML support, this generally has limited call
comtrol etc. compared to TCL within IOS, but it would be enough for
CLID.

Either way it would be fun to xpl enable a cisco router :)

Stephen Welsh