RE: Tivo OSD back

  • Subject: RE: Tivo OSD back
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 00:58:00 +0000

Yep - took the plunge and it works ! Just enabled the loopback and started
the two applications. Going to add that last bit to the rc.sysinit file and
the 'jobs a good one' as they say.

Kevin

href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=X6fR1bX_kEgvfTMk0BckaKjyRvggrmUly2nZ61Wv0Hxh5ciFiUpmPaW-TYgt_ABe5HZnj6KHW6sFGp_IgXoHgw">lists@u...</a>]
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=7bB2NYMrLWfQZ_MO4dhNqrhK92YwybbMd1OXbafVYCfaBi5k-kRcB8vQmN0R2ujZGtA2ue-2LJdtzq69fUXtCC9m6A">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>

href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=5UtkhHMW6mfZiUW0Yp_Nx_Cc_MtzxCDt7C20r0a2Y4lpPCh69VXdb3FkaOkfP88VxvrLYtW1FeVu">tony@x...</a>]
> [...]
> > Subject: RE: [ukha_xpl] Tivo OSD back
> >
> > > Does it support the full osd.basic schema ?
> >
> > Osd.basic / osd.tivo
> >
> > > Row / Column Addressing ?
> >
> > Yep
> >
> > > \n delimiters in text ?
> >
> > Yep
> >
> > > Foreground and Background Colours ?
> >
> > Yep, but their not documented... Yet
> >
> > > Opacity - allowing a text background overlay of say 50%
> > > opacity ??
> >
> > Various background 'colours' have different effects
> >
> > > Delays - if several are set in different xPL messages
> > > for different messages - are they maintained correctly ?
> >
> > Should be
> >
> > > I assume you can send successive messages to get text
> > > in different colours ?
> >
> > Yep, or all in one message if you like
> >
> > E.g.
> > Command=clear
> > Forecol=1
> > Text=hello\nworld
> > Row=6
> > Backcol=0
> > Forecol=10
> > Text=goodbye
> >
> > Etc etc
> >
> > The command= must appear only once and as the first item,
> > All other items are optional and can be repeated at will
> >
> > > Clear - Write ? with overwriting support ?
> >
> > Clear - clears screen first
> > Write - overwrites without clearing
> >
> > > Exclusive - Release ?
> >
> > Locks the display to a particular message source, until released
> E.g. I
> > use
> > this to display the rio receiver menu, without interuption
> >
> > All of this is in the osd.tivo schema in the docs section of the
> > website,
> > but probably needs tidying (and needs list of colours added)
> >
> > > As it is based on yac - does it function as a yac
> > > receiver still too ?
> >
> > Nope, it's actually based on a module that yac is based on,
though
> it
> > is a
> > modified version from the yac source
> >
> > > As far as I can see the standard 0.15 yac code does not
> > > support row/col or colour usage within a message - although
> > > the overall colour can be preset.
> >
> > Never used yac, so can't comment
> >
> > > I'm right in believing there is no font size capability
> > > yet discovered for Tivo aren't I ??
> >
> > I believe I know how to support different font sizes, though not
> sure
> > if it
> > will be possible to mix fonts at one time
> >
> > > And - perhaps a stupid question but why do I need a
> > > Tivo hub if this is the only xPL application running ?
> >
> > All xpl applications (not devices) require a hub. Simple as that
> ;-)
> >
> > Though it would have been possible to consider tivo a device, I
> decided
> > against this as more tivo app's are in the pipeline. E.g.
text-to-
> > speech and
> > (hopefully) recording programs under the control of xpl
(digiguide

href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=RYPdrpVHcKY4O-0TT9WuQiF7cT-MK2T93TvWU8z0NCWrADV0WVqsgpywpFaieDkMI3pinV2E_gd218WmZVjQnnJbgRSMz6KCsw">ukha_xpl-subscribe@xxxxxxx</a>
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=NOrPu9acxdhfK-e0t933IuDj0gac5mwyVxfqBYq6TgPObt2uhxwZPhXHA2FqPl1OtQj4k8LYf80i9tVKsT4VLXvLJjn9x6GWVVsVDIM">ukha_xpl-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</a>