Re: Tivo OSD back

  • Subject: Re: Tivo OSD back
  • From: Ian Lowe
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 00:09:00 +0000

> I can't find any installation instructions for the hub or the osd
> application though - are there any or do I literally get the files
onto
the
> Tivo (intact) - enable the loopback and just run them.

Pretty much..

assuming that you have the "safety" hack on your Tivo:

and place the hub and osd app in

/var/hack/xpl

you just add the following lines:

ifconfig lo up
/var/hack/xpl/xplhub &amp;
/var/hack/xpl/tivoosd node0 &amp;

to your /var/hack/rc.sysinit.hack file (where node0 is the instance to use)

There were some problems reported at first, but they seem to have been to
do
with dodgy tar options, and seem to have been cleared up.

I.