RE: Tivo OSD back

  • Subject: RE: Tivo OSD back
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 19:29:00 +0000

> Does it support the full osd.basic schema ?

Osd.basic / osd.tivo

> Row / Column Addressing ?

Yep

> \n delimiters in text ?

Yep

> Foreground and Background Colours ?

Yep, but their not documented... Yet

> Opacity - allowing a text background overlay of say 50%
> opacity ??

Various background 'colours' have different effects

> Delays - if several are set in different xPL messages
> for different messages - are they maintained correctly ?

Should be

> I assume you can send successive messages to get text
> in different colours ?

Yep, or all in one message if you like

E.g.
Command=clear
Forecol=1
Text=hello\nworld
Row=6
Backcol=0
Forecol=10
Text=goodbye

Etc etc

The command= must appear only once and as the first item,
All other items are optional and can be repeated at will

> Clear - Write ? with overwriting support ?

Clear - clears screen first
Write - overwrites without clearing

> Exclusive - Release ?

Locks the display to a particular message source, until released E.g. I use
this to display the rio receiver menu, without interuption

All of this is in the osd.tivo schema in the docs section of the website,
but probably needs tidying (and needs list of colours added)

> As it is based on yac - does it function as a yac
> receiver still too ?

Nope, it's actually based on a module that yac is based on, though it is a
modified version from the yac source

> As far as I can see the standard 0.15 yac code does not
> support row/col or colour usage within a message - although
> the overall colour can be preset.

Never used yac, so can't comment

> I'm right in believing there is no font size capability
> yet discovered for Tivo aren't I ??

I believe I know how to support different font sizes, though not sure if it
will be possible to mix fonts at one time

> And - perhaps a stupid question but why do I need a
> Tivo hub if this is the only xPL application running ?

All xpl applications (not devices) require a hub. Simple as that ;-)

Though it would have been possible to consider tivo a device, I decided
against this as more tivo app's are in the pipeline. E.g. text-to-speech
and
(hopefully) recording programs under the control of xpl (digiguide messages
etc)

Regards
Tony