Tivo OSD back

  • Subject: Tivo OSD back
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 18:20:00 +0000

Can someone help here - just thinking of (gulp) installing this and
a bucketload of quick questions on the native Tivo OSD xPL application
before I do ..

What does it actually support in terms of features when displaying
text .....

Does it support the full osd.basic schema ?

Row / Column Addressing ?
\n delimiters in text ?
Foreground and Background Colours ?
Opacity - allowing a text background overlay of say 50% opacity ??
Delays - if several are set in different xPL messages for different
messages - are they maintained correctly ?
I assume you can send successive messages to get text in different
colours ?
Clear - Write ? with overwriting support ?
Exclusive - Release ?

As it is based on yac - does it function as a yac receiver still too
?
As far as I can see the standard 0.15 yac code does not support
row/col or colour usage within a message - although the overall colour can
be preset.
I'm right in believing there is no font size capability yet
discovered for Tivo aren't I ??

And - perhaps a stupid question but why do I need a Tivo hub if this
is the only xPL application running ?