RE: xPLHal update posted

  • Subject: RE: xPLHal update posted
  • From: Graham Howe
  • Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 21:32:00 +0000

Writing and maintaining multiple versions is very admirable, but
ultimately it is sheer lunacy! The amount of rework will be
considerable, and as more developers start working on this you will end
up with certain 'overall solutions' that work in one environment and not
another. I would strongly suggest that applications are either written
to work in any environment (so perhaps don't use services or .net) or
the minimum requirements for xPL applications are drawn up very soon. I
can only speak from a user point of view, though I may well start doing
some stuff with scripting in the near future, and I would rather know
what I need to set up to support all applications.