xPLHal: No Win98 problem

  • Subject: xPLHal: No Win98 problem
  • From: Ian Lowe
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 21:43:00 +0000

Thanks Ian,

I imagine that would work fine, as it means that there would be a viable IP
stack in the PC at all times.

I guess it's a reminder that in IT support you can't take anything for
granted: in the specific environment, no TCP-IP services would work, not
even something like the web server built into Homeseer.

The fact that there would be a working IP stack present when the PC was
connected to the Internet using dial-up, but at no other time, explains the
wildly conflicting responses we were getting from what should have been
very
simple tests.

Still, it's been so long since I saw a machine with no network connection
at
all, I for one didn't consider that a possibility.

Ian.