RE: Re: xPLHal Win 98 problems, does this help?

  • Subject: RE: Re: xPLHal Win 98 problems, does this help?
  • From: Ian Davidson
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 21:07:00 +0000

Hi All

I do not have a windows 98 box so can not verify these instructions but
if someone wants to see if it helps see below.

Installing a loopback adapter on a Windows 95/98/ME machine

Go to the Start Menu and select Settings/Control Panel.
Select the icon Network.
Choose the tab Identification, and check that the text field Computer
name is populated - if not, enter a name.
Choose the tab Configuration, and click on Add.
In the dialog box that pops up, select Adapter and click on Add again.
Select Manufacturer of Microsoft, and click on Microsoft Virtual Private
Networking Adapter.
Click on OK to save the new Adapter.
With the new Adapter selected, click on Add.
In the dialog box that pops up, select Protocol and click on Add again.
Select Manufacturer of Microsoft, and click on TCP/IP. Click on OK.
You will be prompted to configure the TCP/IP protocol:
Select "Determine IP address", and enter 169.254.0.1.
Enter subnet mask 255.255.0.0.
Deactivate WINS.
Activate DNS. The text field hosts should contain your computer name -
if not, enter it. Under the DNS server search sequence, type
169.254.0.1.
Click on OK to save the new Protocol.
Click on OK again to exit the Network dialog. You will be prompted to
restart your PC - do so.

Bye

Ian D

href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=hAdP-9gbPFyQe1sEa-I8cHIL0mY2zjrfaFoewoH6sDi7LE9mU1cr1FVmICw6zMYOT3XQdONYq4b4bw">questuk1@h...</a>]
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=4HR5QuMXuBhPkgFmkP8VWkXAfKlHbQ_Ny70Ndz35tORM_-ZsHofYK30gGzN76d90rWqNm192IAKYrr11omA">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>
> Subject: [ukha_xpl] Re: xPLHal Win 98 problems, does this help?
>

> Thanks for all your help
>
> But a lesson learnt all around, I did check what I needed here

op=modload&amp;name=FAQ&amp;file=index&amp;myfaq=yes&amp;id_cat=2&amp;categories=The+Basic