xpl newbie: cm12 interfacing with win98 questions

  • Subject: xpl newbie: cm12 interfacing with win98 questions
  • From: Stephen
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 00:01:00 +0000

Hi,

Just joined from over ion the ukha_d group. I am using win98se so I
realise I cannot use the services application but have to download the
vb6 executables instead. I have done this and downloaded the ms .net
pack.

I am trying to install the cm12 software but it keeps saying the ocx
is not installed. I don't know anything about the technical side of
xpl, services, ocx, etc so I could really do with an idiot's guide.

Please can you tell me, where do I unzip the ocx files to? Is it the
windows system directory? Do I have to install them in any way?

I guess you are all whizz-kids here! Is there a chance you could do
some beginners guides for people like me?

Thanks.