New XPL Hub

  • Subject: New XPL Hub
  • From: John B
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 18:30:00 +0000

Hi all,

I have now released the first version of my XPL Hub.
It is based on Tony T's hub, however it is written in .NET,
and installs as a Windows service. This means that the hub can
start as soon as the computer boots, and stay running until the PC
is shut down, regardless of whether anyone logs on/off.

It also means that if you write other XPL applications as services,
you can make them dependent on the hub, so that the hub service will
always startup first - this ensures the hub is ready and listening
for the first heartbeats sent out by your other XPL apps.

If anyone is interested - the binary (packaged
as a Windows Installer setup package) is available from:
(Note: You will need to have the .NET Framework installed before installing
the
hub -
the framework is available for download from Microsoft)

Full source code (requires Visual Studio .NET) is available here:

It's one of my first attempts at a project in .NET, so if you experience
any
problems or
have any suggestions for improvements, just let me know.

Regards,

John