UPS Schema

  • Subject: UPS Schema
  • From: John B
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 12:53:00 +0000

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of integrating my UPS into my xPL network...

I would like to propose the following ups.basic schema -
comments/suggestions
welcome.

Regards,

John

Schema Definition
-----------------

Class = UPS
Type = BASIC

This schema provides basic information relating to an Uninterruptable Power
Supply (UPS).

XPL-TRIG Structure
------------------
UPS.BASIC
{
STATUS=MAINS  BATTERY
EVENT=<event name>
}

XPL-CMND Structure
------------------
Not Applicable

XPL-STAT Structure
------------------
HBEAT.*
{
(hbeat items)
SCHEMA=UPS.BASIC
STATUS=MAINS  BATTERY
}

Schema Specific Notes
---------------------

The EVENT element may contain one of the following values.
Items marked with a * must be supported by all ups.basic implementations.
Other items may or may not be transmitted, depending on the facilities of
the
UPS hardware in question.

ONMAINS - The UPS has begun operating on mains power*
ONBATTERY - The UPS has begun operating on battery power*
BATTLOW - The UPS battery is low
BATTFULL - The UPS battery is fully charged
BTP - Battery Test Passed
BTF - Battery Test Failed

Standard Notes
HBEAT.* = hbeat.basic or hbeat.app etc
(hbeat items) = standard .basic or .app heartbeat items
[] = optional
<> = parameter value description