Re: Rioplay xPL Album track sort order fixed

  • Subject: Re: Rioplay xPL Album track sort order fixed
  • From: Mark Harrison
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:54:00 +0000

Tony,

For me the "play albums in order" was the killer bit of
functionality
that made me move to JRec.

My wife has a _large_ number of G&S Operettas, which, erm, don't
really make sense when the tracks are played in alphabetical order. I
was getting sick and tired of having to create playlists, and then
update the Pronto to select the right playlist.

The move to JRec was WAY easier, particularly now that Keiran's
Pronto "Rio CCF Database" software supports it.

Given that I'm part of the JRec team, I'm fairly obviously going to
recommend it.

In my particular case, I _haven't_ yet moved to an xPL client, for
two reasons:

1: I have an absolute requirement for the line-out patch, given one
of my Rios drives a power amp, and another will do shortly.

2: I'd prefer a xAP 1.2 version, but you knew that :-)

Regards,

Mark

--- In <a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=XbIQGa0N3m-hbzGNZtvc8w4F1elPUqM3tLwPalu4n05qL7XZhIuqqgmctY9dhV8UbKC4pIOk_0wygfZ-jC1jH7AjlA">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>,
"Tony T" <tony@x> wrote:
> > Possibly depends whether it's running against JRec or against the
normal
> software.
> >
> > In JRec, ISTR that it's possible to determine the preferred
server order
> in the preferences (somewhere.) That suggests
> > that making the client play in "server order" will
respect those
> preferences.
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> As most of my development has been done against jrec, and I much
prefer it,
> I'll leave it set to use the 'server order'.
> (have only used original software to validate receiver.arf)
>
> Further investigation has shown that the original software always
sorts
> alphabetically.
>
> The list of tracks from a server always starts <hex>:T<track
name>
and I was
> hoping that I could add a sort routine to sort on <hex>, but the
first album
> I looked at would of had at least one track out of place using this
method.
> Others were the same. This means sorting album tracks based on the
result of
> queries returned by the original software isn't possible. Though I
guess
> users using this software are used to it by now?
>
> Although I'll get my web front end working with the original
software, next
> week now, it won't be able to sort the album tracks.
>
> I think Mark that you'd agree with me in recommending the use of
JREC in