RE: Rioplay xPL Album track sort order fixed

  • Subject: RE: Rioplay xPL Album track sort order fixed
  • From: Tony T
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 06:12:00 +0000

> Possibly depends whether it's running against JRec or against the
normal
software.

> In JRec, ISTR that it's possible to determine the preferred server
order
in the preferences (somewhere.) That suggests
> that making the client play in "server order" will respect
those
preferences.

Hi Mark,

As most of my development has been done against jrec, and I much prefer it,
I'll leave it set to use the 'server order'.
(have only used original software to validate receiver.arf)

Further investigation has shown that the original software always sorts
alphabetically.

The list of tracks from a server always starts <hex>:T<track
name> and I was
hoping that I could add a sort routine to sort on <hex>, but the
first album
I looked at would of had at least one track out of place using this method.
Others were the same. This means sorting album tracks based on the result
of
queries returned by the original software isn't possible. Though I guess
users using this software are used to it by now?

Although I'll get my web front end working with the original software, next
week now, it won't be able to sort the album tracks.

I think Mark that you'd agree with me in recommending the use of JREC in
place of the original software, to most (if not all) Rio users?

Regards
Tony