Rio Web Interface

  • Subject: Rio Web Interface
  • From: Tony T
  • Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:15:00 +0000

Thanks to John's excellent socket dll I can now retrieve the track lists.

I can't recommend this dll highly enough, and it will even do a udp send
for
xpl messages!

It can be obtained at <a href="http://www.xpl.myby.co.uk/downloads/mail.dll";>http://www.xpl.myby.co.uk/downloads/mail.dll</a>
John informs me the DLL is free for anyone to use for non-commercial
purposes

Building the web page for the track list (on a 500mhz processor server) is
taking roughly 4 to 5 seconds for 1200 tracks.
Since some of you have 30000+ tracks, doing a complete list in one hit
isn't
really practical?

So I'm planning to have an a - z index, so it only draws down groups at a
time.
Not sure how I index the tracks that start with numbers, I think I can use
[0123456789] in the query, but we'll see.

Are there tracks that start with other charcters???

Again, many thanks to John for letting me use his dll.
I'm going to go back to my other xpl asp dll's and dump the winsock in
favour of his dll :-)

Many thanks
Tony