RE: Help please was Web front end for Rioplay xPL

  • Subject: RE: Help please was Web front end for Rioplay xPL
  • From: Tony T
  • Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 19:56:00 +0000

> > Have you tried running the DLL in the VB IDE - if you have
> > IIS installed on the same PC as VB, you can load the DLL in
> > VB and run it. You can then fire IE and request your asp page
> > using <a href="http://localhost/...";>http://localhost/...</a> When the DLL
fails, VB will throw
> > it's usual runtime error, and you can see the exact line on
> > which the error occurred.
>
> Should of thought of that,
> I installed vb on the server just for this kind of scenario. DOH.

Needed a set udpXpl=new winsock, it seems.

Interestingly this version is also hanging on the getdata,
Seems the problem is the state of the connection is changing to

sckClosing 8 Peer is closing the connection

The data packet that should be coming in is the very last part,
So it seems that jrec is closing the connection before the final winsock
DataArrival event has a chance to grab the data.

Unless I can hold the connection open, I guess this is no go.

Scanning technet it seems that the failure to pick up the last packet is a
bug in the winsock ocx!

Seems I need to try and get this version:

Date Time Version Size File name
11-Mar-2002 16:07 6.0.95.24 104,208 Mswinsck.ocx

May be a while before I can go any further with this.

Regards,
Tony