Re: NEW arf file was xPL Rioplay now available

  • Subject: Re: NEW arf file was xPL Rioplay now available
  • From: Frank Mc Alinden
  • Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 08:22:00 +0000

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
Transitional//EN">
<DIV><FONT face="Courier New">Icehouse for which I
only have one track "hey little girl") </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size="2">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
What no "Great Southern Land ";-))</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT
size="2"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size="2">Frank</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV>----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<DIV><B>From:</B> <A title="ukha@xxxxxxx"
href="mailto:ukha@xxxxxxx";>UKHA</A>
</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title="ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx"
href="mailto:ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx";>ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</A>
</DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, February 05, 2003 12:13
AM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> RE: [ukha_xpl] NEW arf file was xPL
Rioplay now available</DIV>
<DIV></DIV><TT>Hi Tony,A few inital problems after
getting the .arf installed and a few 'additional features' have appeared :D
:Added features:I selected an artist, then selected a different one (in my
case Icehouse for which I only have one track "hey little girl")
the rio played the Icehouse track and then went back to playing the
previous artist. Sadly it stopped there just repeating the tracks from that
artist, but itwas still quite a cool feature. It could make inserting
announcements quite easy.Problems:My Rio refuses to play Hootie &amp;
the Blowfish, it just ignores it (perhaps it's a taste thing.. :P )I just
can't get shoutcast streams to do anything (other thn play the previos
artist)Switching between artists doesn't always work, do I need to issue a
stop command, pause then issue the new artist play
commands?HTHAndy*********** REPLY SEPARATOR&nbsp; ***********On
04/02/2003 at 11:52 Tony T wrote:>> Downloaded it now installed,
working fine>> >>
What was the problem?>>To save code/space I decided to assume that
gethostname() would always>return the local ip address of the
Rio.>>But when using the supplied server software, with
autoconfiguration option,>this is always set to 'mercury'.>>So my
simple little loop that extracted the last 3 digits of the ip
address>shot off into oblivion...>>Replaced it with some code that
gets the ip address of 'eth0' interface>>I've still got a bit of
tidying to do on the code, such as enforcing the>128>byte limit on
the length of the value in a name/value pair. Watch out for>very long
track names (>128 characters), as this could crash the rio.>Also need
to tighten the code a bit.>>Regards>Tony>>>>To
to:>ukha_xpl-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx>> >>Your use of Yahoo!
Groups is subject to <A href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/</A></TT><TT>To
to:ukha_xpl-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</TT><TT>Your use of Yahoo!
Groups is subject to the <A href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>Yahoo!
Terms of Service</A>.</TT> </BLOCKQUOTE>