Re: Rules for Instance WAS PIC testing WAS OSD ALERT

  • Subject: Re: Rules for Instance WAS PIC testing WAS OSD ALERT
  • From: Frank Mc Alinden
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 09:46:00 +0000

>E.g. if you used hardcoded like 12345, 12346, 12347 the >xplhal
manager user
>would send it a more user friendly name like KITCHEN and >it would
use this.

>On reboot it would go back to 12345 (or whatever) but >xplhal would
>automatically put it back to KITCHEN ready for use

Oh i see then it only needs to be saved in Ram......So my OSD could have
aec-tvosd.tv1 hardcoded and the user programs a friendly name ...I like
this as
the ram would be quicker to access.....when parscing the message......Ok to
do
this ???

Tony will your dev com display the hbeat message my pic sends ??
Thanks
Frank
> >Hardcoded to a single instance (only 1 per network)
>
> Doesnt Ian want this to be configurable ??

Preferably it would be able to store a temporary change

E.g. if you used hardcoded like 12345, 12346, 12347 the xplhal manager user
would send it a more user friendly name like KITCHEN and it would use this.

On reboot it would go back to 12345 (or whatever) but xplhal would
automatically put it back to KITCHEN ready for use

Regards
Tony