Re: xFx Ghost

--------------070203080306020109040304

>>Now the odd bit. I stop the slimserver connector service. and try
the
>>above and it all works correctly. Restart the slimserver conector
and i
>>get the double toggle again, but still never see the second .cmd in
viewer.

>But this is really odd and I can't readily explain why the SlimServer
>Connector would all of a sudden cause this duplication.

Ok, bit more  playing. I was running viewer on a remote pc before and
now switched to a viewer local to the pc with x10,slim and floor.

with no slim running when floor sends a cmd i see this in viewer

23:20:00 127.0.0.1:3647 xap-header xAPBSC.cmd mi4.floor.floor
and all it fine. Now start the slim connector, and send the cmd again I
now see.

23:20:00 127.0.0.1:3647 xap-header xAPBSC.cmd mi4.floor.floor
23:20:00 192.168.0.1:3642  xap-header xAPBSC.cmd mi4.floor.floor

so at least the mystery cmd is visible now. tbh I've never seen in
viewer an ip other that 127.0.0.1 anywhere until now.
So could the slim connector be binding to a port on localhost and also a
port on the network card and doing some routing?
PC does have two netowkr cards but only one is plugged in and the second
one is disabled and 192.168.0.1 is the active network card's ip.

// Plonk, Clang, Shudder
// <The sounds of Stuart's ToDo list getting refreshed>

;-)

--------------070203080306020109040304

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>

cite="midt791b15hov5qtp99pu77fn2jkhvkq77gjj@xxxxxxx"
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">

</pre>
<pre wrap="">Now the odd bit. I stop the slimserver
connector service. and try the
above and it all works correctly. Restart the slimserver conector and i
get the double toggle again, but still never see the second .cmd in viewer.
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->
But this is really odd and I can't readily explain why the SlimServer
Connector would all of a sudden cause this duplication.

</pre>
Ok, bit more&nbsp; playing. I was running viewer on a remote pc before
and
now switched to a viewer local to the pc with x10,slim and floor.<br>
with no slim running when floor sends a cmd i see this in viewer<br>
23:20:00 127.0.0.1:3647 xap-header xAPBSC.cmd mi4.floor.floor<br>
and all it fine. Now start the slim connector, and send the cmd again
I now see.<br>
23:20:00 127.0.0.1:3647 xap-header xAPBSC.cmd mi4.floor.floor<br>
23:20:00 192.168.0.1:3642&nbsp; xap-header xAPBSC.cmd
mi4.floor.floor<br>
so at least the mystery cmd is visible now. tbh I've never seen in
viewer an ip other that 127.0.0.1 anywhere until now.<br>
So could the slim connector be binding to a port on localhost and
also a port on the network card and doing some routing?<br>
PC does have two netowkr cards but only one is plugged in and the
second one is disabled and 192.168.0.1 is the active network card's
ip.<br>
<pre wrap="">// Plonk, Clang, Shudder
// &lt;The sounds of Stuart's ToDo list getting
refreshed&gt;</pre>
;-)<br>

<!-- **begin egp html banner** -->

<tt><hr width="500">
<ul>
<li>To visit your group on the web, go to:<br><a
href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xAP_developer/";>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xAP_developer/</a><br>&nbsp;
<li>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<br><a
href="mailto:xAP_developer-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx?subject=Unsubscribe";>xAP_developer-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</a><br>&nbsp;