Re: xFx Ghost

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 22:13:08 +0100, James <james@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>looking in the x10 gui it shows it receiving 2 .cmds not 1 but viewer
>only shows one.

Could it be because the X10 GUI is based on a slightly older xFx build
than Viewer/Hub/SlimConnector? Have a look at the xAPMessage.DLL file
in the xAPFramework.NET subdirectory to tell, in the version info. I
made a little change to help that message duplication and it may be
the cause perhaps.

You could *try* updating X10 with the latest xAPFramework libraries to
see what happens, just by updating the xAPFramework.NET subdirectory
contents. I do emphasise "try" as I've no idea how compatible
they'll
be as drop-in replacements - I'm always making little changes and
improvements, but on the whole they should be backwards compatible as
I try not to break things like that, even if it's not something I test
for afterwards.

>Now the odd bit. I stop the slimserver connector service. and try the
>above and it all works correctly. Restart the slimserver conector and i
>get the double toggle again, but still never see the second .cmd in
viewer.

But this is really odd and I can't readily explain why the SlimServer
Connector would all of a sudden cause this duplication.

>So I am bit confused here! Stuart can xFx apps talk somehow
>outside of xAP

Nooooo, definitely not. No under the table communication going on
what-so-ever. It's the same for all xFx-based xAPps.

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/